Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
Contract Managers x 4
|Job Title:||Contract Managers x 4|
|Salary:||£71,252- £80,586 per annum|
|Contact Name:||David Weir|
|Job Published:||4 months ago|
|Job Expiry Date:||04 May 2020|
|Client:||Surrey County Council|
At Surrey County Council, we believe that property can play a key role in unleashing improvements and transformation in our front line services. And, we’re building a team with the skills, attitude and drive to deliver a step change in the performance of Surrey’s Land and Property.
These four roles offer an opportunity for experienced managers with a track record in delivering construction contracts to be part of an ambitious programme that will shape the future of Surrey and improve service delivery through transforming the council’s land and property assets. Successful applicants will be welcomed into an incredibly dynamic environment within a commercially minded council that is prepared to match ambition with investment.
As part of the Project Delivery team within the council’s Land & Property function, you will be responsible for developing and realising the council’s ambitious capital programme. This capital programme for the next five years represents a step change in the scale of delivery in the County, in terms of size, investment value and complexity. The projects within it will transform the delivery of Council services through improving or rationalising the existing estate and replacing those elements that cannot meet current or future needs. The investment needed is estimated to be up to £1bn over the next five years and individual projects will range in value from £1m to £50m.
These roles are key to ensuring that the Council can move projects swiftly and successfully from feasibility through to delivery, and realise its ambition to improve services through delivering enhanced facilities.
As a Contract Manager in our newly formed Land and Property function, you will:
- Lead the delivery of a range of capital projects from procurement to completion ensuring they are delivered to time and to budget
- Use your significant commercial experience and expertise to ensure project proposals are clear, specific and attractive to the market
- Bring a commercial approach that achieves value for money outcomes, through effective budget management, and a continual focus on maintaining momentum and quality throughout the project lifecycle
- Have an aptitude for leading multidisciplinary teams to ensure projects are delivered at pace and in line with service requirements
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and develop a framework for performance monitoring of supplier contracts to deliver benefits in both cost and quality.
- Have excellent knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations and technical requirements
- Work in a highly collaborative way with service leaders to understand requirements, identify risks and lead the delivery of appropriate and achievable outcomes
In return, you’ll gain access to an incredibly diverse portfolio of projects of different values and requiring different solutions. A career-enhancing portfolio that we believe will broaden anyone’s experience.
If you’ve got the vision, confidence and expertise to help Surrey County Council to deliver these projects and realise our ambition, we’d love to hear from you. To find out more and for details of how to apply visit www.shapingsurreyproperty.co.uk.
Closing date for applications:
Monday 4th May 2020 by 6pm
Monday 11th May at 5pm (applicants notified of outcome early evening).
Wednesday 13th, Thursday 14th & Friday 15th May
Tuesday 19th, Wednesday 20th & Thursday 21st May
We recognise the unique circumstances created by COVID-19 and we will therefore be carrying out video interviews for these posts. Further details on this will be provided if you are shortlisted for interview.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's