Our local authority client is looking for an experienced Interim Director of Procurement to join them for 6 months. They require someone who has experience working in a shared service environment and with recent knowledge of working in a local authority or within the wider public sector.
The purpose of the role is to lead, manage and deliver all assigned procurement activity undertaken across the three local authorities in a shared service partnership and will be responsible for driving the cultural and behavioural changes required in order to deliver a high performing function.
- To work in partnership across the three authorities providing visible and professional leadership to the procurement team.
- To be accountable for developing and implementing modern procurement strategies that will support the vision of the authorities and their MTFPs.
- To act as the lead officer for procurement policies ensuring they are legally compliant, simple and support the priorities of the authorities.
- Develop and nurture strong, positive relationships with key stakeholders to ensure engagement and delivery of change.
- Provide effective change management leadership and support so that the change vision is delivered using innovative solutions.
If you’re a senior procurement leader with experience at director level and a collaborative approach that can deliver across three organisations then we’d love to hear from you. Please apply with CV or call David Weir on 07391565064 to speak about the role.